ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL YEAR PROGRAM
The Professional Year in Engineering is the only Australian government-legislated work-readiness program developed to enhance the employability skills of recent engineering graduates; in turn helping to address the widening engineering skills shortage in Australia.
Delivered in a blended learning model over a 44-week period, participants are familiarised with the norms of the Australian workplace including OHSE and diversity, effective verbal and written communication skills, working in a team and project management fundamentals.
Participants are then introduced to the Australian workplace culture via a 12 week work placement* within an Australian engineering team, enabling participants to put into practice the theory learned in both university and the program itself, and providing the opportunity to gather evidence for assessment of their Certificate IV in Project Management.
Engineers Australia through its subsidiary company Engineering Education Australia is the only legislated organisation legislated to provide a professional year in Engineering.
- Represents the leading Professional Year providers all over Australia with exceptional student support services.
- Assisted more than 750 students and secured admissions at some of the best Professional Year institutes across Australia.
- One stop shop to know all the Updates related to Professional year Program, very first available Intake and information about the Provider who may cater your requirement for Engineering Professional Year Program.
- Aussizz Group provides 20% discount on our Migration services for all our Registered PY clients*
- Provides 1 FREE consultation vouchers for all our Registered Professional Year clients*.
What are the benefits of PY?
- A Professional Year Program helps to develop communicative skills, practical experience and knowledge of Australian workplace and culture.
- It may help you to gain 5 migration points towards General Skilled Migration Application for Australian Permanent Residency.
- It adds value to your CV.
- Develops practical skills through a professional internship
- Helps to obtain a Professional Year certificate
- Aids to enhance the career prospects of International Students and broadens their opportunity in the field of IT, accounting and Engineering.
- It also facilitates networking with peers and other industry professionals.